- Brentwood Cricket Club fixtures, 1881: Barking (h), Ingatestone (h), Grammer School (h), Ongar (a), Herongate (a), Hospital (h), Barking (a), Buxton College (h), Chelmsford (h), Herongate (h), Ingatestone (a), Chelmsford (a), Ilford (h), Ongar (h). On August 1, there was a Married v Singles fixture at the Club.
- Village match on 6th August, 1881: Meridon beat Nether Whitacre by 73 runs. (Meridon73, Nether Whitacre 0).
- Friday and Saturday 4th-5th August, 1882. Hickling Green 94, the Orleans Club 920 (J. G. Vernon 259, A. H. Trevor 338).
- 21st August, 1882 at the Old County Ground, Brentwood: Tradesmen (45 and 48) beat Licensed Victuallers (44 and 46) by 3 run. Match at 10.30a.m., dinner at the Lion and Lamb, 7.00pm.
- Brentwood AGM 21st February 1883; the Treasurer announced a credit account of £1.10s.
- In April 1883, Income Tax was reduced from 6 1/2d to 5d in the pound! In the same month and year, a destitute man was found in a shed at a public house in Brentwood and was sentenced to 7 days hard labour.
- 22nd June 1883 at the Old County Ground: Brentwood 56, Herongate 224 for 7. Herongate had won the toss, and asked Brentwood to bat.
- Wednesday 15th August 1883: Chelmsford 76, Brentwood 221 (P.M. Earle 106).
- 27th June 1891, the Chelmsford v Brentwood match ended in a tie of 132 each, the umpires allowing 2 extra runs for a boundary hit a decision made after the match had ended.